Current Production K144XV Firmware Release Notes
Please read before installing the latest Production Firmware
Production Firmware Installation Notes
Download and Install the K144XV Utility for your Operating System
Follow the links below to download and install the latest version of the Utility for your Operating System.
Minimum Operating System Requirements for Elecraft Utilities
Microsoft Windows: XP Service Pack 3 or later, including Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 and 10.Apple Mac: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later
|Windows|| K144XV Utility (Windows Version 18.104.22.168) July 25, 2016
|Macintosh||K144XV Utility (OSX Version 22.214.171.124) March 10, 2013|
K144XV Utility (Linux Version 126.96.36.199) March 10, 2013
The following libraries and dependencies should be installed on your Linux distro:
GTK+ 2.8 or later, glibc-2.4, libstdc++.so.6 and cURL. 64-bit Linux requires 32-bit compatibility libraries.
|Installing the FTDI driver||
Follow this link to the FTDI Site for drivers:
Depending on the Operating System you have, the driver needed for the Utility to communicate with the K144XV will need to be loaded.
All Elecraft products in production use the FTDI chipset for this function. The FTDI driver allows your computer to create a virtual COM port so that the Utility can communicate with the Elecraft product.
No Beta Release available at this time
NOTE: Beta test firmware may have new issues that we haven't caught during field testing. Please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little more detail
We make it a little harder to load Beta firmware mainly because we want you to be sure you want to do this. Beta firmware means that, while the K144XV engineering team has fully tested the firmware, it has not yet been deemed ready for Production status. You can always return to the last firmware you have downloaded by following the steps in the K144XV Utility’s Help section.
To load Beta Firmware, follow the steps below:
1. Create a new folder for the beta firmware on your Desktop or some other easily found location. Use the a different folder than the default folder found in the Firmware tab of the Utility. In this way, you can revert to the last Production firmware easily.
2. Now, we will download the firmware in Zip file format. In a web browser, type in this URL:
3. Right-click on the .zip file containing the beta firmware (e.g. K144XVfwXrYZ.zip for revision MCU X.YZ and all associated files). Save the file to your beta folder you just created.
4. Unzip the files into the beta folder.
5. Enter the path to the beta folder in K144XV Utility → Firmware tab → "Local folder for firmware files".
6. After you have made the change in Step 5, make sure you *DO NOT* check the K144XV Utility box titled "Copy new files from Elecraft server". This will overwrite the Beta firmware if clicked.
7. Connect the K144XV to your computer and be sure it is turned on. Select the Firmware tab and Click on "Check versions now" button.
8. Review the release notes. To find them, select the "Help" pull-down menu.
9. Click "Send all firmware to K144XV" This will cause the firmware to be sent to the K144XV. You will see that the K144XV may appear to restart itself. Monitor the Activity Log until it is complete.
10. After completing a new software download to your product, please power cycle the K3/K3S OFF and then back ON before using it.
11. Please report any new firmware issues to email@example.com