Scope of Duties
Elecraft designs and manufactures high performance HF radio transceivers, amplifiers, and accessories for the amateur radio market. Duties include performing automated, semi-automated, and manual electrical tests on PCBs, subassemblies, and finished products for amateur radio market; and troubleshooting and repairing new and customer returned PCBs, subassemblies, and finished products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired:
• Familiarity with HF transceiver design
• Amateur radio/license a plus
• Must possess knowledge of a wide variety of thru-hole and surface mount parts with respect to polarity and component identification
• General understanding of electronic components, electronics design, and manufacturing
• General understanding of production processes, equipment and tools associated with a printed circuit board
• Knowledgeable usage of spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and watt meters
• Ability to trouble shoot and maintain a workstation
• Ability to measure minimal discernible signal, inter-modulation distortion, return loss, and standing wave ratio
• Ability to use digital multi-meter to measure voltage, resistance, and current.
• Skilled through hole and SMT soldering with basic rework
• Basic knowledge of bill of materials, assembly drawings, product specific documentation, work instructions, and other general documents
• Inspect own quality of work
General Responsibilities and Duties:
• Using logical troubleshooting techniques, identify failed components and make repairs as needed.
• Exhibits proficiency in the use of electronic test and measurement equipment.
• Following written test procedures, set up test equipment and perform electrical tests.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics.
• Perform soldering rework to company standards.
• Understands, recognizes, and executes production test requirements, rules, policies, and procedures.
• Provide feedback to engineers for product engineering changes
• Tracking daily production testing
• Support the Engineering Test department with workflow of PCBs
• Support the service department with repairs of various Elecraft products
• Provide feedback and support for the Customer Service department
• Works as a team member to achieve Test Engineering Department and companywide goals.
• Adhere to company safety procedures, guidelines, and housekeeping practices.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is highly active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling. The employee may lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Desired Education and Experience
• Associate of Science Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent training in Electronics Technology
• Minimum 2 years of relevant electronics experience
• High-level proficiency in working from electronic equipment schematics, wiring diagrams and assembly drawings
• High-level proficiency in using spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, DVMs, and signal generators for bench testing and troubleshooting of analog and digital electronic circuitry
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Amateur radio experience and knowledge of radio architecture at the block diagram level is a plus.
• Must have excellent communication skills with in-house stakeholders.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision.
• Organizational skills, including ability to prioritize multiple projects
Other Duties: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Elecraft reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Elecraft does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Founded in 1998, Elecraft manufactures and sells full-featured transceivers and accessories both as factory-assembled and easy-to-build kits. Elecraft is based in Watsonville, California on the Monterey Bay.2022-06-22|||Watsonville, CA|||Production Test Team||||||Z6XFWxkQTqN1-0fX|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||19.00|||30.00|||true