See the bottom of this page to get the latest K144XV Utility and KUSB Drivers.
Current K144XV Firmware Revisions
Revision 1.04, April 25, 2011
Latest Regular Production Release
This release will automatically be recognized by K144XV Utility.
Revision 1.03, March 18, 2011
Revision 1.02, September 30, 2010
See K144XV Firmware Release Notes for a complete revision history of new features and changes since the last release.
Checking Firmware Revision
1. Turn the K3 off and remove the top cover.
2. Plug the Serial Cable connector into the RS232 connector on the K144XV module (red arrow below). Connect the other end to your computer and run the K144XV Utility program.
3. Turn on your K3 while watching the STATUS LED on the K144XV module. It should flash once, indicating normal operation and that it is ready for firmware.
4. Enter the letter “V” in the Utility program Command Tester. The K144XV will respond with the version of the firmware currently installed. Example: “V1.00;” (revision 1.00).
Installing New Firmware
You must have an active internet connection or have downloaded the new firmware to your computer. Prepare to install new firmware by first performing the steps above under Checking Firmware Revision, then continue as follows:
1. Using the Utility program, start the download. The STATUS LED should flash indicating it is loading new data from the Utility program.
2. When the download is complete, turn the K3 off, wait at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again while watching the STATUS LED. Verify that the STATUS LED flashes once or twice and then turns off, indicating normal operation.
3. Turn the K3 off, unplug the RS232 cable from the K144XV and replace the K3’s top cover. Be sure to reconnect the loudspeaker.
4. Turn the K3 on again and confirm that the K144XV transmits and receives normally.
K144XV Utilities and Drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux
Use this software to load the latest firmware into your K144XV.
After completing a new software download to your K144XV, please power cycle your K3 OFF and then back ON before using it.
Minimum Operating System Requirements for Elecraft Utilities:
Microsoft Windows: XP Service Pack 3 or later, including Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1.
Apple Mac: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later
X86-based Linux: GTK+ 2.8 or later, glibc-2.4, libstdc++.so.6 and cURL. 64-bit Linux requires 32-bit compatibility libraries.