KX3 DUAL-PASSBAND ROOFING FILTER (KIT)
Adds high-performance, hand-trimmed roofing filters ahead of the receiver's DSP subsystem, resulting in improved close-spaced dynamic range in CW, data, and SSB modes.
- Manuals & Downloads
- Price List/Order
The KXFL3 is actually 4 different filters that are shared between Phone and CW modes. Containing 2 filters for each mode, the filters switch points are:
- CW Mode: 500 hz and 1500 hz
- Phone mode: 1800 hz and your choice of 2400 or 2900, menu configurable
This means that you get the value of 4 filters in other radios for less than the price of one in other radios!
- 500 Hz/1500 Hz matched analog filters This is equivalent to 1000/3000 Hz in other radio IF passbands
- Fully integrated into KX3 DSP engine
- Automatically switches in the proper filter as the Pass Band Tuning (PBT) tuning control calls for it. No need to manually switch filters.
Q: May I add the KXFL3 to any KX3 at a later time?
A: Yes. As with all Elecraft options, you can install any option at any time
Q: Are there any calibrations required if I order the KXFL3 when I order my KX3?
A: No. Elecraft techs will take care of calibrating your KX3 with the KXFL3 installed as it is built for you.
Q: Are there any calibrations required if I order the KXFL3 sometime after I take delivery of my KX3? Do I need any test equipment for it?
A: There is a calibration procedure you'll be following when you install the KXFL3 but the test signals you'll need to conduct it are available inside the KX3. Calibration instructions can be found in the KX3 Owner's Manual and the KXFL3 Installation and Calibration Instructions.